Saturday, April 10, 2010

Welcome to my world...

The thought probably occurs - briefly, fleetingly - to most people: "Someday, I'll probably be probably diagnosed with some disease."

The thought certainly occurred to me from time to time. I had no idea what the diagnosis would be - but I figured I'd at least know what the disease was. But I didn't.

I'm in my mid-50s, and I have IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

It's not life-threatening; in fact, it isn't even really considered a "disease" at all. Some people might even think it's more funny than serious.

If you have IBS, you probably know exactly what I'm about to say: IBS may not be considered serious by most people - but it can be hell to live with.

Until you learn how to live with it.

I have. And I hope the entries on this blog will help others to live with IBS as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment